Introduction to Learning Disabilities and Autism
This short course provides an insight into the needs of people with learning disabilities and autism, and suggests ways your team can make your practice more welcoming and reassuring.
- Availability: BDA members and Good Practice Scheme practices
- Content: Interactive e-learning, quizzes and downloadable resources
- Indicative GDC development outcomes: A B C D
- 1hr verifiable CPD
To provide learners with insights into how their practice can be a welcoming place for patients with learning disabilities and autism.
- Recognise the defining features of learning disabilities, learning difficulties and autism.
- Recall some of the simple measures that dental practices can take to make appointments a positive experience.
- Discover communication resources developed by Makaton.
- Explain the key points of this course to colleagues.