Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Inclusion is fundamentally about making sure that everyone has the same opportunities to achieve in life. It means no one is negatively affected by uncontrollable factors such as ethnicity, age or gender, sexual orientation, class or whether they have a disability. The perspectives and insight provided by this course may support you and your practice to be more consciously inclusive, considerate and respectful of diversity.
- Availability: BDA members only
- Content: modules, quizzes and short videos
- Indicative GDC development outcomes: A B C D
- CPDHRS: 5hrs verifiable CPD
To provide participants with a strong foundation in the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion, and to encourage them to embed the principles in their working lives.
- List the skills required for working successfully as part of a diverse team.
- Identify and respond to discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Reflect on how our own behaviour might be affected by prejudice.
- Identify the key requirements of an inclusive workplace culture.
- Take steps to reduce or eliminate prejudice its influence in the decisions that we make.
- Define 'micro-behaviours' and reflect on the impact they can have on working relationships.
- Recall and apply the BDA's inclusive language standards.