Safeguarding the personal data of individuals.
Availability: BDA members only
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an updated piece of legislation that sets new standards for the processing, handling and protecting of personal data. It took effect in the UK from 25 May 2018.
This course comprises of 5 short modules explaining what GDPR is, the implications it has on organisations, and how they can ensure they are compliant.
1. What is GDPR? outlines what GDPR is and why we need it
2. Data Handling Rules explains how the data handling regulations apply to your organisation
3. Organisational Responsibilities outlines how the new regulation applies to business
4. Data Breaches establishes what a data breach is, what to do if a data breach occurs at your organisation and how to prevent it happening again
5. GDPR and dentistry allows you to apply your new found knowledge by working through some different situations.